Is it because pink flatters every complexion? Because Millennial Pink is a thing? Or just because when we vacation in Florida we want to stay somewhere bright and cute – and yes, snap a pic of ourselves in a pretty summer dress, standing in front of our little pink house for our Instagram feed.
The color pink speaks to our playful side, the innocence of feeling like a kid again. Pink can give us energy, or soothe. The energy to go out and stand up paddle all day, the welcoming tranquility when we get back toasty from the sun, with groaning muscles we haven’t used in awhile.
Your man may gripe “But baby, aren’t there any BLUE houses to rent?” Pink hasn’t always meant girly or ‘powder puff’. The color pink didn’t start out as a froufrou Barbie fake fur-trimmed mini skirt. Pink being girly is a post-World War II phenomenon, writes National Public Radio. In 1918 a trade catalog for children’s clothing recommended pink for boys, as pink is a stronger, more passionate color. Blue was recommended for girls because it is much more “dainty and delicate.” Read the full article, “Girls Are Taught to Think Pink, But That Wasn’t Always So” on NPR.org.
Because you know you want to stay in a little pink house, here is your ultimate list of little pink houses, starting in the Panhandle, alphabetical by town name. Stick around to the end of the article for a list of little pink hotels, along with one big one. You know the one…
Rates listed are at time of publication and are approximate; many change according to the season. Click on each property’s name to navigate to their website to enter your dates and obtain accurate pricing.
NAVARRE BEACH CAMPING RESORT
9201 Navarre Pkwy.
- Did you even know that a campground could be so cute and resort-stylish? Named Florida’s Playground, Navarre is located between Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach. This camping resort calls their cottages “hip,” and deservedly so.
- Choose from one (sleeps 2-4 people) and two (sleeps 6-8 people) room cabins, a family cabin (sleeps 8 people) and a vacation house (sleeps 14 people), some are water view, some are pet friendly. Rates start at $79. Check out their many amenities by clicking their name above.
Seaside is just about the most beautiful town for cottage-seekers, and so some of our suggestions are booked until 2019! Page ahead on your calendar and make your vacation plans well in advance; the wait is worth it!
- 1/1 with the living room and efficiency kitchen on the first floor and the bedroom up a spiral staircase.
- Average rate is $189, visit their website for current rates.
19 Rosewalk Aly
- 2/1, sleeps 4 with a bedroom with a double bed and a bedroom with a twin bed downstairs, along with the living and dining rooms as well as a fully equipped kitchen. Upstairs is an open loft with a king bed and an open porch.
- Price range $315-466. At the time of publication Miss Be Haven did have availability starting in January 2018. Click her name above for the calendar and more details.
11 Savannah St.
- 1/1 with the bedroom on the first floor with a well-equipped efficiency kitchen, bar and living area on the second floor, Sea for Two’s Juliette balcony has views of the Gulf.
- Price range is $251-363, click their name, above, to enter your dates for current rates.
- 3/3.5 Located within walking distance of the historic downtown and dock street shops and restaurants. Fully equipped kitchen, a king size bed in the master and queen size beds in other two bedrooms.
- Average rate is $250, visit the site to enter your dates for accurate pricing, and more details.
- 100 steps to the beach, circa 1925, renovated, sleeps up to 7. One bath.
- Average rate is $309. Click the name above to check specific dates.
FORT MYERS BEACH
- 3/3 historic, beachfront. 3/4 of a mile to the downtown with shops and restaurants.
- Average rate is $307. Check the site for accurate pricing.
Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Sexworth
- 2/1 with space for 6 guests and located just 3 houses from the beach, downtown Gulfport’s Waterfront District with shops and restaurants is also a short walk away.
- Average rate is $139, click the name above for accurate pricing according to your dates and for additional fees and info.
10606 West Halls River Rd.
- The Homosassa River Retreat, a laid back fish-camp style lodging, has 7 one-bedroom cottages, and 2 two-bedroom cottages. All have fully equipped kitchens, living areas, A/C and cable TV. The two cottages pictured above are river front. Read more about the Retreat and Homosassa, Boating, Fishing, and a Tiny Island of No Return for Monkeys in Homosassa.
- Rates start at approximately $125, visit their site to enter your dates.
INDIAN ROCKS BEACH
- 1/1 located 30 steps to the beach, the Mermaid Cottage was built circa 1930 with materials salvaged from a church in Tampa.
- Approximately $100/night, check the website for details including cleaning fees and occupancy taxes.
- Waterfront 2/1 with fully equipped kitchen, living room and reading room. Currently the green house only is available for rent but we’re sure you can snap a pic of yourself in front of the pink one!
- Rates start at $144 in the off season, click their name above for more details.
- 4/3.5, less than a 5 minute walk to the Gulf of Mexico. Fully equipped kitchen, sunroom and wet bar.
- Approximately $195/night, check the site for additional fees for cleaning and occupancy taxes.
5302 Avenida Navarra
- 2/1 with a fully equipped kitchen, Pink Mango Cottage (and its adorable neighbors Blue Dolphin and Yellow Palm) is located a half block to the beach and a few minutes walk to the many shops and restaurants of Siesta Key Village.
- Rates start at $178 in the low season.
123 Beach Rd.
- The entire 18-acre property of The Moorings Village is Instagram-worthy, but the Petite Villas, while not totally pink themselves, have lovely pink touches! 1/1 with fully equipped kitchen.
- Check their website by clicking their name above for rates and amenities.
511 Olivia St.; check in is at 913 Duval St., 2 blocks away
- Olivia at Duval is a part of the Wicker Guesthouse family, and comprises 3 houses with 11 rooms, all with private entrances and baths. Click their name above for room sizes and amenities.
- Rates start at approximately $170, enter your dates for pricing.
708 Chapman Ln.
Photo courtesy of Historic Key West Vacation Rentals
- 2/2.5, The Pink House sleeps 5 people. Fully equipped kitchen, 2 second floor masters each have their own private balconies.
- 28 day minimum stay; click their name above for availability and rates.
South Melbourne Beach
- 2/1, sleeps 4, or 3/2, sleeps 6. Pets considered. Full kitchen, living and dining areas. Direct oceanfront, located in a quiet residential area of Melbourne Beach (you may often have the beach to yourself), restaurants are a mile or so away, as is a Publix Supermarket.
- Average rate is approximately $200, click their name above to enter your dates for accurate pricing. 7 night minimum stay.
- One of our favorite pink houses on the list, because of her history – built in 1949, she used to be a shell shop! – and just the captivating visual appeal.
NEW SMYRNA BEACH
- 3/2, sleeps 7, located directly on the beach not far from the many restaurants of New Smyrna and the quaint downtown shopping/dining area on Flagler Ave.
- Rented weekly, rates start at $1300. Click their name above for more details.
11300 US Hwy 1
- 1/1 or 2/1 cottages available with fully equipped kitchens. Pelican Island Cottages are located a short walk to the Indian River, and down the street from Sebastian’s many waterfront restaurants.
- Rates start at $90, check their site for more info and amenities.
WEST PALM BEACH
1410 Georgia Ave.
- Built in 1911 and the second oldest house in the Grandview Historic District, Seagrass Cottage is a self-catering licensed vacation cottage. 1/1 with a living room, dining room, king bedroom.
- Rates start at $199, a week minimum is required.
PINK HOTELS AND B&BS IN FLORIDA
Listed alphabetically by town name
NEW SMYRNA BEACH
And the big pink one –
ST. PETE BEACH
Photo courtesy of Global Reactions
Have we missed any Little Pink Houses? Let us know in the comments. And, as Julia Michaels in her song “Pink” says “Believe me when I tell you that he loves the color pink,” your guy does too.