Somehow we just know it’s going to be a great beach bar. Perhaps it’s the years of practice: scoping out, arriving, and feeling that indescribable “YES” as we walk through the door. Is it okay to admit we’re such seasoned bar samplers? Another resounding “YES” is my answer!
Captain Hiram’s Sand Bar, Honkytonk on the Riverfront; Bar Sampling in Sebastian Florida
Florida Beach Bar has been an invaluable resource here at Beaches, Bars and Bungalows, as we are committed to bring you The Best Bar in each small-town coastal Florida town we visit. The Florida Beach Bar website has an expansive list of over 260 beach bars with ratings using a set of objective criteria including proximity to a beach, live entertainment, food, and more.
When we chose Golden Lion Café as The Best Bar for Flagler Beach, we didn’t even realize it has made the Florida Beach Bar as a five-time Top 10 winner! Congratulations, Golden Lion, for your continued commitment to quality food, cold drinks, entertainment, maintaining your gorgeous spot overlooking the ocean, and all-around fun in the sun! We knew!
Read our full post on Flagler Beach, including The Best Beach and The Best Bungalow, here.
And here is the full list of the 2015 Top 10 Florida Beach Bars:
- Jimmy B’s Beach Bar, St. Pete Beach
- Sharky’s On the Pier, Venice
- Bongo’s Beach Bar and Grille, St. Pete Beach
- Golden Lion Café, Flagler Beach
- Harry’s Beach Bar, St. Pete Beach
- Shephard’s Beach Resort, Clearwater Beach
- Flora-Bama Lounge and Package, Perdido Key
- Boston’s on the Beach, Delray Beach
- Caddy’s on the Beach, Sunset Beach
- Racing’s North Turn, Ponce Inlet (look for a future post here on Triple B about this bar, and a bar sampling tour of the others in Ponce Inlet!)
Interested in visiting some more Best Beach Bars? Here are our picks, by region:
North Atlantic Coast
Central Atlantic Coast
- South Cocoa Beach, Coconuts
- Indialantic, City Tropics Bistro
- Melbourne, Riverfront Bar Sampling
- Floridana Beach, Sebastian Beach Inn
- Sebastian, Riverfront Bar Sampling
- Ft. Pierce, On the Edge Bar and Grill
South Gulf Coast
- Matlacha, Bert’s Bar and Grill
- Boca Grande (if you know of a bar that has live music, please let us know!)
- Casey Key, Pop’s Sunset Grill
Central Gulf Coast
- Indian Rocks, a tie for The Best Bar: Crabby Bill’s, and JD’s Restaurant and Lounge
- Dunedin, Clear Sky Draught House
What are your favorite beach bars? Please give us your lists in the comments below; we are always happily plotting and scheming for future beach bar visits and we’d love your input!